Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Take this quick and easy test, which tells you how much stress you're under!







I have been counseling men and women  for many years. Many of these persons that I counseled were under considerable stress.  I have found  that in the last fifteen or twenty years, people that I have met because of Heartfelt Counseling Ministries, did not know about the famous chart that is depicted  below.  When I was first depressed in 1985, the authors  and the scale were quite popular.

 I remember taking the test at the beginning of my first depressive episode. I scored  300 points or more on this very helpful scale.  One major cause of stress is change. Robyn and I had multiple changes that were affecting us more than we realized.  For instance, the factory where I worked went out of business. Our middle son was born in 1985 and we had a major change in our finances. We had to give up our temporary housing.  Many experts believe that change and stress in general are often factors in triggering the first episode of  a major depression. If I had known this at the time; I would have tried to reduce the stress, but I was not aware of the the dangers of stress and how it affects the brain.  I hope this helps my readers, SB

 If you would like to read the rest of our story, which is told in our  best selling book, Broken Minds Hope  for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It, you may purchase it from our web site.

http://heartfeltmin.org/resources.html







This table is taken from "The Social Readjustment Rating Scale", Thomas H. Holmes and Richard H. Rahe, Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Volume 11, Issue 2, August 1967, Pages 213-218, Copyright © 1967 Published by Elsevier Science Inc. All rights reserved.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.