I have suffered from endogenous (biological) depression for many years. Its intensity has ranged from moderate to severe. If you really want to know what depression is like you should speak to those who have suffered from it. Here are some of the notes that I jotted down while being moderately depressed.
1. It is a kiss good bye to pleasure.
2. It is a shot of Novocain to my brain.
3. It is a broken mind, that does not work right.
4. It is like being in a dark, foggy mist that covers my brain.
5. It is to have heaviness in my heart.
6. My mind is dead.
7. I lack spontaneity of thought and speech.
8. I feel like I am in a depressive purgatory.
9. It is a great opportunity for growth and character.
10. It is a call for perseverance in the faith.
11. It is a riddle to be solved.
12. It is a link to suffering humanity.
13.It causes a preoccupied and quiet spouse.
14. It is a constant forcing of one's self to act and to help others.
15. It prepares me for comforting the people of God.
Some people believe that having moderate depression means that your
depression is not biological in its origins. While some of the above
characteristics may be true of spiritual and reactive depression, it differs from
it in that it is a constant disturbance of the body, the intellect, the
will and the emotions.
Having and coping with moderate depression is like trying
to pitch a tent while in a hurricane. This is why it is important
to see a mental health professional to help diagnose your problem
and help you with appropriate referrals . You may need to have
your medicine go to a higher dose or get on another anti-depressant.
End of the Year Donations
We are a small agency and we never turn anyone away because of finances. We help save the lives of those who are on the precipice of suicide. We also help the persecuted evangelicals church around the world.
Losing our daughter, Lindsay and granddaughter, Emily hope qualifies us for a bereavement ministry. I can assure that your donation will help real people in real time get the help they need. Your gift will enable you to get a tax deduction if you live in the United States. Rev. Steve Bloem B.A. M.M. CTPC. Please go to our website and please share this blog with others. Please go to our website, and scroll down to the donate button. http://heartfeltmin.org/join-us.html
Thank you, Steve and Robyn Bloem