Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lindsay Bloem
























This was an imaginary conversation I had with the Lord after a very difficult trial of my faith.
It was as if the Lord and I were sitting knee to knee looking deeply into each other’s eyes, holding hands and He said, “Robyn, I have something I want to ask you.”

“Oh, sure, LORD, anything!”
“No, this is serious and I want you to think about it before you answer.”

“Lord, You know me; I’ll do anything!”
“It is going to be very difficult for you.”
Well…Okay...But if I go through this--where will You be?
“I’ll be right there with you.”
“You’ll help me, right? Like you always have?”
“Yes. I love you and I will help you through it.”
“If I get afraid, can I come and talk to you?”
“Of course!”
“If I don’t understand something or if I need help, can I come find you and get advice from you?”
“You know you can always come to Me.”

“Well, what if I change my mind? Can I undo the thing I am agreeing to?”
“No, you won’t be able to do that.”
“But You will always be there, right? You will never leave me or forsake me. You said that in your Word.”

“Absolutely!”

When“Well then, LORD, I will do it. I trust you.”
And He did. He took our precious daughter and granddaughter on Sept 11. 2001.
I wrote this and read it at their funeral on Sept. 17, 2001
“If tomorrow is my only hope, then my hope is in the wrong place. We need to learn God’s secret of life; joy in the wilderness, joy in the desert and joy in prison.” (Pastor Truman in last night’s sermon)
There seemed to be a connection to me in my own life and experience with Christ.
Thank you, Pastor, for your excellent preaching and teaching and your ministry to my heart! R.
By Robyn Bloem Coauthor of Broken Minds Hope for Healing When You
Feel Like You're Losing It.  


www.heartfeltmin.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.