Monday, December 22, 2014

Chinese Pastors Won't be Home for Christmas!




















I  found out a few years ago something that stirred my heart to pray for the persecuted church in China. Many  evangelical pastors are in prison and are suffering for their faith in Christ. They have to sit on the cold concrete floor of their cramped prison cell and put together Christmas lights that are sold worldwide. Of course many of these lights are being sold and shipped to the United States.

These dedicated pastors asked that every time Christmas lights were strung on a tree that the person doing the decorating would pray for them. The content of their request was not to be delivered from prison but that they would hold fast their confession of faith in the face of suffering.  





Our Lord Jesus said, " do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.  "And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and he life; no one comes t the Father but through Me (John 14:1-6)
So I ask you today to pray for these godly men and women!  Pray for their families!
Many of us in the United States have beautiful Christmas trees in our homes. On Christmas day will be with family and friends, eating ham or Turkey, having wonderful baked pies and giving presents to one another. 
But something else is going on in the U.S.  We as a nation are forgetting the Christ of Christmas. Christians in China and in many other places in the world remind us that this world is not our home, because Jesus left His heavenly home to die and rescue us from sin and Hell. He laid aside His insignia of royalty to become our Savior. He was born to die and then live again. If you trust Him as Savior, He will come again and take you to the heavenly place He has prepared for all true believers. There will be no pain or persecution in that holy place. And it lasts for all of eternity, never ending.
I ask you today if you are not saved; Will you put your trust alone, in Jesus Christ, the Lord? 
Please listen to Selah's version of the great hymn,
O Come O Come Emmanuel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPfdD3pBUig 
If you would like to give an end of the year donation to our  non-profit agency please go to: http://www.heartfeltmin.org/#!donations/c1mb0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.