Thursday, January 30, 2014

6 Things you should not say to a depressed person.




"Reckless words pierce like a sword,but the tongue of the wise bring healing" (Proverbs 12:18 -NIV).


If you are familiar with this blog you know that I have had some severe episodes of  depression in my life. I have had many would be comforters.  God wants you to draw near to a person whose brain has failed them and comfort them by your words.  Robyn and I in our book, Broken Minds Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It often talk about having empathy with those whose brain is broken. It is used in counseling others around the world.  If you don't have the book, just put bloem, broken minds in a Google search.














I have found a good article in the Huffington Post that warns against saying the wrong thing to a person who is suffering from depression. It is not biblical but it has some good truths in it. It is a short article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/what-not-to-say-to-someon_n_4675854.html

This seminar will change your life and put you in touch with people who struggle with mental illness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.