Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Tired, Wearied but Persevering

Hello Everyone
It has been weary tiresome these last seven months.  My Mother-In-Law died on August 13, 2018. We had contacted Hospice for her, and they helped to the end. She was ninety four, when she went to glory. 















Robyn had  been given  the responsibility of Executrix some time before this by her Mother. I will spare you all the details. I believe it was the Levites who retired at the age of fifty years old. Part of this is the probability of them no longer being able to lift the  temple furniture. I am sixty three, and I was lifting furniture, and believe me, it was heavy. Robyn was busy for months, having estate sales, selling her Mom's house, talking with the lawyers, and real estate personal.  
 She had to over see her Mother's bills, and the cottages that her Dad and Mom owned.

 We decided that we should move to Houston, Texas.  We are here now. The trip was not to bad, but we had to sleep in the house two nights without power in the house.
My wife, Robyn, and I founded Heartfelt Counseling Ministries for a number of reasons. I will not bore you with further details. I will say that it was the longest I have gone without "official devotions," in my saved life. I have gone over a month with no blogs. 
Our apartment in Houston is small, but adequate.  It Is nice to be alone. Our son Brant lives in Houston. It is good to see him and his children, Houston is not a 'cold state', unless you came from South Florida.

What do I ask of you? Please work hard to make our recent book, known. It is called, The Pastoral Handbook of Mental Illness: A  Guide for Training and Review.
One of those reasons is to offer help and support through CAMI (Christians Afflicted with Mental Illness).
 We have started many support groups in the United States and Canada. CAMI support groups use The CAMI Leaders Guide, and Student Guides, which we wrote and published. The groups are free, and can be accessed through local churches, , or joining a group through  some  software application. We have received great feedback from these community groups. If you are interested in having a CAMI (Christians Afflicted with Mental Illness) support group, and, or do a seminar, please let us know! 








The pastors of local churches must be able to address those in the church, who are as Warren Wiersbe called them, sanctified obstructionists. These people either willfully or in ignorance, discourage the care of the mentally ill. The pastor has a duty to protect his flock and comfort the weak. Many times these are the depressed, the anxious, the sick He also needs to exhort and comfort the caregivers in the congregation, and the mentally ill. This will involve comforting the weak of mind and warning the unruly. See I Thessalonians 5:14. Of course many pastors have Depression Recurrent. The number of pastors killing themselves is rising in the United States.






The pastors of local churches must be able to address those in the church, who are as Warren Wiersbe called them, "sanctified obstructionists. "These people either willfully or in ignorance, discourage the care of the mentally ill. The pastor has a duty to protect his flock and comfort the weak. Many times these are the depressed, the anxious, the sick He also needs to exhort and comfort the caregivers in the congregation, and the mentally ill. This will involve comforting the weak of mind and warning the unruly. See I Thessalonians 5:14.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.