Monday, July 16, 2018

Should a Pastor do Social Work?





It is true that the Lord Jesus was not a social warrior. However a pastor should imitate the Lord Jesus, who not not only preached the gospel,but went about doing good,by helping the sick and the needy (Acts 10:3, NASB).

The Hebrew word anah and others like it are used again and again in regards to Israel helping the needy, and the poor. The book of Job is full of "social work. " He helped the orphans and the widow.
Because I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan, who had no helper. "The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me"(Job 29:12,13).

We reject much of so called social work,which advocates  the abortion of  children, believes in suicide as a choice, and encourages illicit sexual relations. There is so much to say how we need to have a biblical, pastoral theology 

Please get my new book, The Pastoral Handbook of Mental Illness. In the first thirty pages, I discuss the pastoral history of Godly shepherds  in the Bible. I have many more things to say but can't say them here. I preach the gospel often and have done so for over thirty years.  But I also will not say to a brother, "praise Jesus,go your way and be filled." Our website is under construction. If you would like a copy of The Pastoral Theology of Mental Illness, and or Broken Minds Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It; please email me at pathema@msn.com or text me at 561.909-9109. The Pastoral Hand book is $20.00 and Broken Minds is $16.00, Shipping is $3.00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.