- Create to-do lists and tackle items one by one
- Get enough sleep
- Explore time-management strategies
- Ask friends how they manage stress
- Listen to relaxing music
- Set aside time for self-care
- Practice mindful meditation or prayer
- Eat healthy foods
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, smoking and caffeine
- Seek support from family, friends or peers
- Talk with your resident advisor, a trusted adult
- or the campus counseling or guidance center
Common Signs of a Mental Health ConditionMental health conditions have 10 common warning signs that should be taken seriously. If you or someone you know experiences one or more of these signs, you should talk with trusted family, peers or mentors and seek assistance.
- Feeling very sad or withdrawn for more than two week
- Severe, out-of-control risk-taking behaviors
- Sudden overwhelming fear for no reason
- Not eating, throwing up or using laxatives to lose weight
- Seeing, hearing or believing things that are not real
- Repeatedly and excessively using drugs or alcohol
- Drastic changes in mood, behavior, personality or sleeping habits
- Extreme difficulty in concentrating or staying still
- Intense worries or fears that get in the way of daily activities
- . Trying to harm oneself or planning to do so.
It can be difficult to know whether what you are experiencing is an early sign of an emerging mental health condition or part of adjusting to college. You don’t have to know the answer to this question. Listen to your mind and body. If you are not feeling right and are having trouble shaking that feeling, then talk with someone who can help you sort things out and help you decide what kind of support or care you need. For a fuller treatment of this please go to the link below.
Rev. Steve Bloem B.A. M/M/ has the ability to counsel world wide. He is an expert when it comes to helping those who suffer from mental illness and the caregivers of those who are suffering from a mental illness. He can get you help, no matter what problem you are facing. He also does marriage counseling. Please see our counseling page. We use many forms of digital communication. It is just like you were there.http://heartfeltmin.org/join-us.htmlhttp://heartfeltmin.org/join-us.html For the origin of this article
Have you heard of our book Broken Minds, Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing I?