Monday, January 4, 2016

Do you feel like you've reached your optimal stress level?



 










Join the Club

You are not alone. When I had my first episode of clinical depression, I felt like my mind was put through a meat grinder. My nerves were shot. I got into a car accident by using poor judgement; I cut myself with my razor and believed that I needed to go to the hospital. I had never been totally overwhelmed.  My mind was playing tricks on me.

Seeds of Depression
 Image result for black seeds

I was twenty nine years old and I could not understand why I could not cope.
Everyone including two doctors told me it was because I was under too much stress. They were partly right. I had stress and loads of it, but I also had a defective gene which meant when put under extreme stress my brain would in a sense be broken. Robyn and I discuss this in our book, Broken Minds Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It, chapter 2, Stress and the Gathering Storm) Kregel Publications,c 2005. If you would like to get a copy of this book, please go to the link below for a special offer.

 
Are you standing at Wits End Corner

Here is a poem that greatly helped me, when even my brain was failing.
It is from the classic, Streams in the Desert,entry, May 23

.. they were at their wits' end.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, And He brought them out of their distresses (Psalm 107:27b,28, NIV).

Are you standing at Wits' End Corner,
Christian with troubled brow?
Are you thinking of what is before you,
And all you are bearing now?
Does all the world seem against you,
And you in the battle alone?
Remember------ At Wit's End Corner
Is just where God's power is shown.

Are you standing at Wits' End Corner?
Blinded with wearying pain,
Feeling you cannot endure it,
You cannot bear the strain.
Bruised through the constant suffering,
Dizzy and dazed and numb?

Are you standing at Wits' End Corner?
You work before you spread,
All lying begun,unfinished,
And pressing on heart and head,
Longing for strength to do it,
Stretching out trembling hands?
Remember ------- at Wit's End Corner
The Burden Bearer stands

Are you standing at Wits' End Corner?
Then you're just in the very spot
To learn the wondrous resources
Of Him who fails you not;
No doubt to a brighter pathway
Your footsteps will soon be moved,
But only at Wits' End Corner
Is the God who is able proved.

- Antoinette Wilson


http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Minds-Healing-Youre-Losing/dp/0825421187



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.