Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oh Love that will not let me go.

Hi everyone,
This is the first time that I have tried to put a video on my blog.  Please bear with me.
When I was in college, I first heard about the song Oh Love that will not Let Me Go. (I think I was introduced to it by Warren Wiersbe in his Walking with the Giants.)  It is a wonderful song which was  written by the Scottish, blind pastor, George Matheson. About four years later,  I had kidney stones and I kept singing, O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee, I trace the rainbow through the rain and feel the the promise is not vain that morn shall tearless be.
When I was twenty nine and depressed, I use to sing it as I traveled to Southern Pennsylvania to see my psychiatrist.  Over and Over again, God has used it in my life.  Robyn and I talk about it in our book Broken Minds, Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It.  It is a story of God's grace working in our hearts and minds to glorify Him.  For more information please go to http://www.heritagebooks.org/products/Broken-Minds.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.