Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our house is in foreclosure, please pray!

Hi friends,

We have seen many blessings from God in this last month. One that stands out is one thousand dollars that was raised for Robyn having a very much needed root canal. We are thankful for the people whom God has raised up to support us.

Heartfelt Ministries has been hit hard by the economy. Our donations have been considerably down. Because of this and horrible unemployment in Michigan, our house is now in foreclosure. This is a very difficult trial for us. This is the house that we put a large amount of money down from Lindsay's wrongful death suit. Please pray that we would be able to honor the Lord during this time of loss.

We are now considering leaving the state of Michigan. From our prospective there is an over saturation of counseling agencies in Grand Rapids area.

How can you help? First, pray hard for us! Second, check in your area whether there are ministry/pastoral care openings. Please also be on the look out for case-management job openings. If you would like to read about Steve and counseling ideas, treatment modalities etc. please go to: http://heartfeltcounselingministries,com/counseling.aspx

Don't forget our special sale on our book. Broken Minds Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It, http://heartfeltcounselingministries,com/bookpurchase.aspx

For seminars we conduct see, http://heartfeltcounselingministries.com/seminars.aspx
If you wish to learn more about our CAMI (Christians Afflicted with Mental Illness) support group material and/or the movement itself, please visit, http://heartfeltcounselingministries.com/camimovement.aspx
For our homepage, go to: http://www.heartfeltcounselingministries.com/
If you would like to view our e-letter go to: http://heartfeltcounselingministries.com/heartbeateletter.aspx

8 comments:

  1. I'll be praying ... God bless you both! I've been wondering how you've been

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    When I first read your post my first reaction was shock and sadness. After I got through with dealing with all those emotions, I turned to the Lord and thought of His promises (Isa 41:,43:2,Heb 13:6, Rom 8:28 and so many more). I'm sure you know them all by heart.

    Steve, I hear your story almost every day on the news but when you hear it from family, it brings sadness to a whole different level.

    I wish there were a ministry/pastoral care opening in my area but I live in a small town with few churches. Maybe there would be something in Portland. I don't know.

    I know the Lord has decreed all things and I know He has our lives already planned but He sure has a way sometimes of stretching our faith.

    I will be praying earnestly for you and Robyn during this time.

    I know when its all said and done, and we are standing before Him, seeing how everything has worked out in our lives, we wouldn't have changed a thing.
    Only God can take evil and turn it into good.
    Please keep us posted.
    Love to you and Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Thank you for your prayers and exhortation. Robyn and I appreciate your love for Christ and for us. It is so true about the decrees of God.
    I like what I read in Spurgeon the other day."Remember, too, that your consolation must come from what God has spoken and not from His providences. Mind you do not look to the Lord's providential dealings for your springs of joy, for He may chasten you with the rod of men, and beat you with many stripes, but His promise smiles when His providence frowns."(Spurgeon's Expository Encyclopedia, Volume 5, Strong Consolation for the LORDS Refugees, p. 263

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah
    Thanks so much for your prayers. It is your prayers that makes us effective in ministry.
    We are praying for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve,
    I've read about 75% of your book, "Broken Minds". I'm finding it very helpful. And now I go to your blog and see this! I'm so sorry. As if you and Robyn hadn't been through enough in life! I wish I had a few thousand dollars just lying around, but I don't.
    I'm in South West Wisconsin. We have taken our borderline personality disorder daughter over 50 miles to Madison for $150 sessions at the Christian Counseling Center. I don't know if they need anyone. The population here is largely Catholic and Lutheran. There aren't many Baptist churches around and even fewer Christian counselors. We've looked. I'll be praying for you. God's grace to you.

    Phil Brown
    Hazel Green, WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil,
    Thank you for your encouraging comment. We appreciate your compassionate heart. God is helping us cope with the loss. I am sure it is because so many people like you are praying.
    I hope you are enjoying the book.
    In Christ,
    Steve,
    I will be praying for you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foreclosed homeowners can indeed suffer from emotional pain. Not only do you lose your home, you also face a number of bills to pay. The good news is that in time, you can find a new house. It will be a long and cumbersome process but with perseverance and the guidance of a good bankruptcy attorney, being a homeowner is a clear possibility. I hope you were able to eventually go through this trial in your life and are doing fine now. Best wishes!

    Justin Myers @ JMMLegal.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Justin,
    This blog site is an extension of a non-profit agency.
    I want people to know that Heartfelt Ministries has no connection with your law pratice whatsover. I ask them to please ignore your post.
    Thank you.
    Steve Bloem.
    Executive Director
    Heartfelt Counseling Ministries

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.