Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Love that will not let me go

The song title above was written by George Matheson a blind Scottish preacher, George Matheson. Born with poor vi­sion, Ma­the­son’s eye­sight grad­ual­ly wors­ened un­til he was al­most to­tal­ly blind. How­ev­er, he was aca­dem­ic­al­ly gift­ed, and his sis­ters learned La­tin, Greek, and He­brew to help him stu­dy. He grad­u­at­ed from the Un­i­ver­si­ty of Edin­burgh (MA 1862), then be­came a min­is­ter in the Church of Scot­land. He pa­stored in the re­sort town of In­ne­lan for 18 years; due to his abil­i­ty to mem­o­rize serm­ons and en­tire sec­tions of the Bi­ble, lis­ten­ers were of­ten un­a­ware he was blind. In 1886, Matheson be­came pas­tor of St. Ber­nard’s Church in Edin­burgh, where he served 13 years. He spent the re­main­ing years of his life in lit­er­ary ef­forts.
This song has meant very much to me as I have traveled the road of suffering and glory to be with the Lord Jesus forever.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oh+love+that+will+not+let+me+go+david+phelps&aq=7

1 comment:

  1. Note, the link above can be cut and pasted into
    your web address. I am sorry for the difficulty.
    It will direct you to a page where you can scroll down to "Oh Love that will not let me go
    full"
    Steve Bloem

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.